Skid plates are made in small limited
quantity runs, we're a small shop and cover all generations of montero so we have to cycle our production runs to ensure everyone gets parts in a reasonable time-frame.
Front Skid plate* Protects front sway bar, entry to oil pan area, entry to transmission cooler and radiator, comes with winch fair-lead block off plate, pair this with a winch plate and winch kit to complete the front end set up. Ties into differential skid for seamless protection. (currently out of stock, in production)
Mid, Differential Skid plate Protects the oil pan, differential, front yoke and lowest driveshaft points, Protects California Pre-Cats from theft, ties into transmission skid for seamless protection.
Transmission Skid Plate Protects the transmission oil pan, cooler lines, front driveshaft and exhuast. Protects federal or primary catalytic converter from theft.
Fuel Tank Plate Kit Protects the fuel tank with full edge to edge coverage and wrap around front and back designs with stainless steel stand off brackets designed to divert force and retain fuel capacity. Prevents dents in the fuel tank that can cause stalling of the engine or loss of fuel capacity.
Skid plates are such a drastic improvement for your Montero when getting off-road, these skids armor you up for all of the terrain to come with a factory like fit, but hardcore protection. ADD strives to make each part's fit and finish above and beyond what the factory parts offered. Our Steel skids provide enough protection to make your way through the toughest trails on Earth.Installation is simple and uses factory hardware for almost every mounting point excluding the rear transmission mounting holes. If your hardware is missing, replacement hardware is available at any hardware or home repair store. Front two bolts are M10x1.25 and the rears are all M8x1.25. The fuel tank skid comes with the required mounting hardware.
ADHD is a product line of parts selected for a factory chassis rig that can tame the toughest trails in America. The ADHD prefix on a part indicates it was designed for optimal off-road use, that means it's an off-road part, designed for rigs we build and use hard. Everything is a compromise when it comes to vehicle modifications and extreme levels of off-roading. Adding flexibility and changing ride characteristics like vehicle weight or the mechanical function of your vehicle is your own adventure, do your research before you go.
Options available are:
1. Superleggera Series American Made high strength Aluminum Skids, an upgrade from the flimsy stamped steel units that came from the factory, the transsmision lacks any coverage and the fuel tank is only covered in the middle with an easily bent pan. This armor is suited for the average off-roader, it will protect against rocks, sand, mud, logs and debris, it's not suited for rock crawlers but suits most users. (sold out)
2. ADHD Cold Rolled Steel. These heady duty skids are in the HD line of our products. Designed for hardcore off-roaders, expedition rigs and overland vehicles with increased weight, thus needing a higher tensile strength sheet of steel under their belly. The finished units are raw steel and will need to be painted, powder coated or plasti dipped prior to installation.
3. ADHD Stainless Steel Skids The toughest of the bunch. These used to be the only skids we made but they were too expensive and a bit overkill for a lot of people. Once the pandemic hit the cost of raw stainless material went up 3x and we started to provide the powder coated skids above. These skids will absolutely take a beating and keep shining on. Consider yourself lucky if you find a used set (currently sold out)
SAE 304 stainless steel also known as A2 stainless steel (not the same as A2 tool steel) or commercially as 18/10 or 18/8 stainless steel, European norm 1.4301, is the most common stainless steel. The steel contains both chromium (between 18-20%) and nickel (between 8-10.5%) metals as the main non-iron constituents. It is an austenitic stainless steel. It is less electrically and thermally conductive than carbon steel and is essentially non-magnetic. It has a higher corrosion resistance than regular steel and is widely used because of the ease in which it is formed into various shapes.
stainless steel has excellent resistance to a wide range of atmospheric
environments and many corrosive media. It is subject to pitting and
crevice corrosion in warm chloride environments and to stress corrosion cracking
above about 60 °C. It is considered resistant to potable water with up
to about 200 mg/L chlorides at ambient temperatures, reducing to about
150 mg/L at 60 °C.
ADHD - Gen 2 Mitsubishi Montero American Made Skid Plate Armor
- Brand: Adventure Driven Design
- Product Code: ADHDMK2SKIDSET
- Availability: 4
- Ex Tax: $195.00